Ricoh selected for inclusion in six major ESG Indices for Japanese equities adopted by the GPIF
TOKIO, July 31, 2023 – Ricoh has been selected for inclusion in six major ESG investment indices for Japanese equities adopted by Japan's Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF), the world's largest government pension fund. Ricoh continues to be included in five indices other than the newly adopted Morningstar Japan ex-REIT Gender Diversity Tilt Index by GPIF in 2023. Aside from the GPIF adopted indices, Ricoh has also marked 20 consecutive years of inclusion in the “FTSE4Good Index” since 2004, which covers global companies.
The list of indices is as follows:
- MSCI Japan ESG Select Leaders Index *continues to be included since 2022.
- MSCI Japan Empowering Women Index (WIN) *continues to be included since 2017.
- FTSE Blossom Japan Index *continues to be included since 2017.
- FTSE Blossom Japan Sector Relative Index *continues to be included since 2022.
- S&P/JPX Carbon Efficient Index *continues to be included since 2018.
- Morningstar Japan ex-REIT Gender Diversity Tilt Index *first time
Mikako Suzuki, Corporate Officer of Ricoh in charge of ESG and Risk Management, says: “Ricoh's approach to sustainability is to pursue a sustainable society through a Three Ps Balance (Prosperity (economic), People (society) and Planet (environment)). To realize this desired society, Ricoh has identified seven material issues in two areas, “Resolving social issues through business,” and “Robust management infrastructure,” and set 16 ESG targets in linkage with the material to work toward solving these issues. Ricoh will continue to contribute to solving social issues and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals through its business activities.”