Ricoh launches new wireless environmental sensor that does not require battery replacement
Ricoh Company, Ltd. announces the launch in Japan of its new environmental sensing devices, "RICOH EH Environment Sensor D201 / 202 ". Customers can use them in high temperature and humidity environments to collect environmental information such as indoor temperature, humidity, lighting and air pressure without the need for battery replacement or a wired connection. Data from the device, collected by Bluetooth® or WiFi wireless technology, can be monitored in real time from a computer or smartphone, with automatic saving and alert settings. This system contributes to the digital transformation of environmental management by eliminating the need for manual temperature and humidity recording, battery replacement and wiring in food manufacturing facilities, factories or retail stores, for example.
These products are equipped with the latest solid-state dye-sensitized solar cell module, the RICOH EH DSSC series, which has improved output power by 20%. The new D201 / 202 can operate over a temperature range from -30°C to 60°C. In addition, the packaging of the D202 model is waterproof and dustproof, which significantly expands the usage scenarios.
In the pursuit of achieving "A World Without a Load," Ricoh will continue to develop technologies to increase the power output and durability of environmental power generation devices. This will expand their applications as stand-alone power sources for sensors, light-emitting devices, and switches.
- Temperature and humidity control for factories and warehouses
- Temperature control in food processing and manufacturing industries
- Temperature control of refrigerators and freezers
- Temperature, humidity and light control of office space
- Works in low light: Can be used in dim lighting, such as near warehouse or factory walls.
- Wide temperature range: Works in a temperature range of -30°C to 60°C.
- Compact size: 43mm × 41mm × 14mm (1), small enough to be installed in a variety of locations.
- Multi-function sensing: measures temperature, humidity, illumination, atmospheric pressure and voltage from the built-in lithium-ion battery.
- Interface with PC and smart devices: Software available for Windows PC and Android smartphone.
- Enhanced product line: IP44 (2) waterproof and dustproof (3) model.
* Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
* Wi-Fi is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
* Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
*Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
*Intel and Intel Atom are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
*All other company or product names appearing in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of the company.